Monday, August 17, 2009

Catherine Came!

Last week I was lucky enough to have Catherine visit me! She arrived Tuesday evening and stayed until Friday morning. It was, as always, absolutely great to see her and just hang out. She was reaching the end of her trip and as such was starting to wind down. Unfortunately, I was at work during the days so she occupied herself during the day. We spent the evenings together, of course, and had a load of fun in the process!

Tuesday night we made some dinner and just sat around and talked. We got more or less caught up so that was nice.

Wednesday night Catherine met me at work to join me in attending Riley's apero. We went to his office for drinks and snacks and subsequently went to the beer gardens (after stopping to purchase wine!) I had about 2 liters of beer and Catherine had almost as much. We also split some delicious potato wedges! I had heard that there would be a meteor shower that night so a few of us climbed up to the baden castle to try and watch. We polished off a liter of wine between us in about 10 minutes flat and shotgunned a beer so we were inevitably very very intoxicated. We were singing songs and watching the stars though so it was fun. Catherine and I were the last ones up there and when we eventually decided to go home we had to stop halfway down the hill and take a break. Don't really know how long we sat there or what time we got home but it was a fun night!

Thursday night, Catherine and I went to the Schwimmbad and relaxed thoroughly before heading home. Catherine cooked dinner for Dave and I and we then watched a movie.

Again, it was great to see Catherine. It's beyond tragic that we won't see eachother again for at least another 8 months and more tragic still that it could be longer if she gets an internship somewhere else... Oh well, we made the most of the time we had and i'm sure we'll keep in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment